The Vance's West Coast Update

Life in Reno

I went to Reno last weekend to visit my brother, who goes to college there. Me and my mother stayed at Circus Circus, and I still have the room key (I forgot to return it).

Anyway, when we first went into the lobby to register, there was a large glop of red, chunky goo. Then we found out that someone had gotten sick there, and no one had cleaned it up yet. About halfway though the registration process, three people, all wearing biohazard masks, come and clean it up with nothing but a mop and a small rag.

The first night I stayed over at my brother's apartment. We played Need for Speed High Stakes, Xbox 360, ate candy, stayed up until about 2:30, and fell asleep while watching 'The Matrix.' It was awesome. Then we didn't get up until about 10:30, and afterwards we went to a Saturday brunch. I had some delicious french toast with bacon. Then we all went to Scheels, the largest sports store in the world. After that, my bro took me on a tour of his college's main campus. Next we watched the new Star Trek movie (which kicked ASS!) on a digital screen. I might make a post about it later, but I might not. Then we all went back to Circus Circus, and me and my brother played Need for Speed on my laptop again, watched 'Yes Man,'  (which is hilarious), and played some more games. 

Then on Sunday we took our mother to a nice Mother's day brunch, where I had french toast again. Then we packed and me and my mom drove back home. We listened to some epic music: Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, Five for Fighting, The Who, and more.

Anyway, it was an awesome weekend. My brother is also moving back down here next saturday. Either way, I still have a lot of candy from his apartment.

1 Comment:

Anthony Clarke said...

yum, candy. :D

sounds like a fun trip, bro.

Post a Comment